Look below for information on arts and entertainment around central Illinois. Listen to Kimberly Schofield and Owen Henderson talk about weekend events on IPM News AM 580 and FM 90.9 – Wednesdays at 6:45 and 8:45 a.m., and Thursdays at 5:44 p.m.
Thursday, October 26
- Opening night party at Krannert
- Other venues: Copper Creek Church, 7Saints, Champaign Public Library, The Space CU, OLLI Downtown
WROL (Without Rule of Law) at Station Theatre in Urbana
- 730p, runs through November 5th
- OH interview
Illinois Theatre’s RENT at Virginia Theatre Champaign
- 730pm, Thursday, October 26th-Saturday, October 28th
- KJS and OH interview
- Krannert Center at the Virginia Theatre in Champaign
- Krannert Center for the Performing Arts is an underwriter of Illinois Public Media
Friday, October 27
Seascape at Independent Media Center in Urbana
- October 27th-29th and November 3rd-5th
- Friday and Saturday shows are at 730p
- Sunday shows are at 2p
- On a deserted stretch of beach a middle-aged couple, relaxing after a picnic lunch, talk idly about home, family, and their life togetheR and suddenly they are joined by two sea creatures –lizards who have decided to leave the ocean depths and come ashore. Warmth, humor and poetic eloquence, and with emotional and intellectual reverberations that will linger in the heart and mind long after the play has ended.
Halloween Drag Show at The Axe Bar in downtown Champaign
- Join hosts Carmella Carrington and Spank Knightly plus our very fave DJ Silkee for a great night! Doors at 10pm, show at 11pm, $10 at the door. And dress up so you can win the costume contest!
Saturday, October 28
Halloween Showcase at Defy Gravity in the Lincoln Square Mall in Urbana
Sunday, October 29
Candy Foster & Shades of Blue + Haki N Dem at Rose Bowl in Urbana
- A night of funk, soul and R & B with everyone’s favorite Candy Foster, with special guests, Haki N Dem!
- $10 cover
- Doors 5:30pm
- 6-6:50pm – Haki N Dem
- 7:05pm-9pm – Candy Foster & The Shades of Blue
Tuesday, October 31
The Cabinet of Doctor Caligari at Spurlock in Urbana
- 1920 German silent horror film
- Refreshments, costume, free
- Join us on Halloween for a screening of the 1920 German silent horror film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, which tells the tale of a hypnotist who uses a somnambulist to commit murders. Laurie R. Johnson, Professor of Germanic Languages & Literatures, will briefly introduce the film and contextualize its role in the history of German Expressionist cinema.